Thursday, August 18, 2011

Puppy Terrorism


Lucy has gotten to the puppy terrorist stage, as I'm calling it. To date, her damage has been limited, but as she's getting bigger and more aggresive, I'm getting more nervous for the state of items in my life that I like.

So far, she's managed to:
  • Rip up two book covers that I've carefully taped back together.
  • Chew through more newspapers and mail than I could ever begin to fathom.
  • Rip up a corner of my carpet and chewed on the padding beneath.
  • Chew on four pairs of shoes that I know of, fortunately, only one of which is damaged so badly that I need to replace it, the others are minor and can mostly not be seen.
  • Break two pairs of sunglasses. (The second pair, an exact replacement of the first I think I can glue to together.)
  • Chew through more cardboard than I could ever imagine.
  • Rip up at least five rolls of toilet paper and scatter it all around her.
  • Pee on the rug more times than I can count.
  • Rip out the black lining underneath the box spring of my bed, turning it into a cocoon to sleep in at night.
  • Capture a baby rabbit, but fortunately she has a soft bite and I was able to pry the bunny out of her mouth and let it hop away to safety.
However, she has not yet (knock on wood):
  • Destroyed the sofa.
  • Chewed on my expensive dining room furniture, nor my large office desk.
  • Run away any farther than down the street to the neighbor's house.
  • Jumped up on someone with such strength she knocks them down.
So, really, I can't really complain, I mean, she is a puppy and I did want a puppy after all. But word to the wise, shoes should be out of reach at all times. At. All. Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment