Sunday, April 24, 2011

Best Easter Ever (At Least in the Top Five)

I hope everyone had a great Easter. I sure did!

Because it is Easter, and because the service I went to this morning ended with the Hallelujah Chorus, I want to remind everyone of this awesome video.

Also, Best. Easter. Ever. Good family. Good pets. Good day. And of course, Good Jesus.

After church and Easter brunch, my sister and I were given the gift of two tickets to Target Field (from my parents who have season tickets and were kind enough to share and then watched the game at my house while dog-sitting. I think they loved it, actually.)

So, the Twins were in an Easter mood and there were many bunny ears to be had, which made for some really cute fan photos and moments, such as this cute message.
Ok, so for those who don't know, it is one of my new goals in life to be on the jumbotron at Target Field (the one above). I think it would be amazing. So, today I got a small taste of it. But only a small taste; it was like having one bite of dessert and having it taken away. Really only my arm and a tiny spec of my head could be seen in the background of the shot up on the big screen, but it was still cool and exciting. My sister and I are total dorks and were excited even to be basically unnoticeable specs. I will admit, I really only knew it was me because I knew the camera was there and could look for myself. But, it was like a taste of how awesome it could be some day. For that I was satisfied.

Even better, my sister and I got a picture with the Twins Easter Bunny. It was fabulous.
Before we got the shot with the other bunny, we got this shot, which I think is down-right hilarious.


P.S. For those who don't know, Baby Jesus is Joe Mauer's nickname. It's not an Easter joke or something.

So, after the awesome afternoon at the ball park, we enjoyed dinner with our parents. I was rather proud of my creative solution for using things around the house to make a festive centerpiece. A few pretty wine glasses that I don't use anymore, some glass pebble and votives- wallah!
My mom even pitched in by sharing an Easter bunny. (Oh and I totally busted my dad with his hand in the proverbial cookie jar!).
Happy Easter! Amidst my secular babble, I will say, "He is risen. He is risen indeed!" Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment