Sunday, January 23, 2011

30 Dishes Before 30

I was reading several recipe blogs today, checking off lots of yummy things I could try to cook. While surfing the many delicious options available, I came across one blogger who was coming up with 30 dishes to make before she turns 30. I thought it was a great idea. And so I'm stealing it. In the next 8.5 months, my goal is to make 30 new dishes.

I've started a list today. The only rules I've made for myself is that the dishes have to be things I haven't made before. They also have to be homemade. And, finally they have to be shared and checked off on Myriad Musings so I am held accountable.

I've come up with a list of 48 potential items so far. I'd love more ideas for what one of my dishes could be. Some are main dishes, some are desserts, some are appetizers or side dishes. But, before I turn 30, I'll make 30 of these items. I welcome suggestions from any category.

Are you up for dinner on me? Send me a note, we'll make a dinner date. Because trying 30 new dishes before 30 requires dinner parties.

(Disclaimer: I don't plan to host 30 dinner parties. Some of these dishes may be made outside of a party setting. And my guess is that the parties I do host will include more than one of the dishes that are in my goal list.)

Dish List:

30 recipes to make before i turn 30- starting point
  1. roast a turkey
  2. pot roast
  3. loaf of bread
  4. homemade tomato soup
  5. souffle
  6. lemon meringue pie
  7. real hollandaise sauce
  8. chcolate mousse
  9. crem brulee
  10. homemade jam
  11. shepherd's pie
  12. pineapple upsidedown cake
  13. homemade hummus
  14. homemade naan bread (to go with an indian dinner)
  15. Jucy Lucy burger (homemade)
  16. chicken cordonblue (homemade)
  17. Coq Au Vin (stew)
  18. Bananas foster
  19. Baked Alaskan
  20. risotto
  21. homemade key lime pie
  22. minestrone soup
  23. arleth's swedish rye bread
  24. biscotti
  25. homemade donuts
  26. gazpacho (homemade)
  27. homemade lemon curd
  28. homemade nachos with the works
  29. crab cakes
  30. monkey bread
  31. french onion soup
  32. tiramisu
  33. goulash
  34. aioli
  35. ravioli (homemade)
  36. fondue
  37. sangria
  38. beef wellington
  39. homemade marshmallows
  40. homemade sausage
  41. pork carnitas
  42. calamari
  43. egg rolls
  44. pot stickers
  45. sherbert
  46. peanut brittle
  47. fudge (successfully)
  48. tamales

1 comment:

  1. If you ever need someone to eat your various dishes listed above just give me a call :)

    ReplyDelete