Friday, February 3, 2012

My year of fifty books

This year I've set a goal for myself to read fifty books. Some will be for book club (next up is "Blindness," by Jose Sargamo* which I haven't started yet.)

I also just started reading Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plumb series. I read the first two in the series in January and just borrowed books three and four from the library. As these have been out for some time, I'm not going to review them, but I will say, so far, I love them. Super fast reads! It will be my mystery series investment of the year. Next year maybe I'll try Sue Grafton's alphabet series?

In January, I'm proud to say I stayed on track reading four books.

1) One for the Money, Janet Evanovich
2) Two for the Dough, Janet Evanovich
3) Heaven is for Real, Todd Burpo
4) Faithful Place, Tana French*

In February, to date, I've read one book so far. Albeit, it was a short one, Mitch Albom's "For One More Day."

Additionally, in January I started "Women, Food and God," by Geneen Roth which I'm about halfway through.

I am tracking my book challenge in Goodreads, where I'll give each a rating when I'm done.

Don't worry, I'm not intending to fill my blog with a running list of all the books I have read, but I will continue to review some of them on here. In the mean time, I think I need to watch a bit of TV, too!

*I will write a review on this one. 


2 comments: