Sunday, October 2, 2011

Getting organized...or trying at least

I'm trying to organize more stuff in my life. I've spent a significant amount of time lately gathering together a lot of things I find interesting... recipes, home improvement projects, pet stuff, and more. So, thanks to my wonderful friend, Jenni, I've discovered Evernote, a great organization tool. I have it synced on my home computer, my work computer and my phone. I love it. Lately, I've been using it to save recipes. I love to cook and follow foodie blogs so Evernote has been a great place to save the delicious looking recipes I find.

I was a slow adapter, but am finding it more and more useful. So much so that I am even considering upgrading from their free account to their premium account. The only reason I haven't is that the premium account is $45 and I haven't yet decided if its worth it to me yet. I like it, but I haven't decided yet if I'm just having a moment of excitement or am really ready to upgrade and be a full adapter.

Jenni raves about it. So much so that she was featured on their blog for how she uses it. (She saves like her entire life in Evernote. I'm not kidding.)

I am seeking more ways to be organized in my life. And more hobbies. And more interesting things to post about. Does anyone have great ideas? I'm sure I can save them in Evernote for future inspiration!

Oh and Jenni, here's to you, friend!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Drink the Kool-Aid!

    Did you know that you don't have to pay for the whole year? You can also pay just month-by-month ($5 per month) and then go back to free whenever you want. Some people will do that if they have a month where they need to exceed the upload limit.

    And you can learn more ways to use EN (that's what the cool kids call it) on one of my favorite productivity sites. At the end of this article, he has all of the links on how he uses EN (he's a convert too!) http://michaelhyatt.com/how-to-organize-evernote-for-maximum-efficiency.html

    ReplyDelete