Thursday, December 2, 2010

Holiday Music

Holiday music makes me really happy. I have to admit, I start listening to it as soon as it's on the radio, even if it is early November. I feel a bit like I'm cheating on Thanksgiving, but I love it so much, I cheat on Thanksgiving.

Jingle Bell Rock is absolutely one of my favorites. I get really sentimental about it because it reminds me of my grandfather. He used to sing/whistle Jingle Bell Rock all year long. He'd say it was "the only rock song I like." He'd call the remainder of rock music "a bunch of cannibals with a belly ache."

I have many traditional hymns I love. Singing Christmas hymns in church makes me very happy. Christmas is not Christmas without Silent Night or Joy to the World.

I am curious to know about other people's favorite holiday songs so I put the question out on Facebook. If we're Facebook friends, please comment on your favorite song!

Happy Holidays! Let the merry bells keep ringing, happy holidays to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment